Sunday, July 14, 2013

Staying Strong in Writing Goals #ROW80

With 14 days completed, A Round of Words in 80 Days is going well for me. For those who don't know, ROW80 is a writing challenge where writers set their own goals to be completed in 80 days. I did better this week than last. I met or surpassed all three of my goals.

Goal 1: Write
My total time spent writing this week was 4.5 hours, which was lower than last week. But I still reach my minimum goal of 5 days a week. I'm not giving myself a specific number of hours a week; I just like tracking them. Ideally, I'd write 30 to 60 minutes 7 days a week, but other things can get in the way. One of the things that I did rather than write two days this week was goal 2.

Goal 2: Read
I may have to adjust this goal higher. I finished the Hunger Games trilogy this week. Now I am 50 percent of my way to my goal of reading 6 books in 80 days, and it's only week two. To be fair, I think my reading rate will diminish. I just can't put those books down. I'm trying to decide what I want to read next: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green or Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott.  Leave me a suggestion in the comments.

Goal 3: Post
Yay! I updated my blog this week outside of this ROW80 check-in. That's three for three goals met or exceeded during week two of this round.


Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

3 comments:

  1. can't help with the books I'mafraid as I don't know anything about either of them but enjoy whichever you chose - I still have 2 Hunger Games to read, must get down to them.

    well done on meeting the goals and all the best for coming week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the last two Hunger Games books. I liked the last book (Mockingjay) the best. Katness' character development was a very unique arc. I always try to read (or re-read) books before I see the movie.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed the Hunger Games trilogy! I've heard good things about the Lamott book, but I'm sure either of them will be enjoyable.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete